The childcare project focuses mainly on the personal development and growth of a child, through a number of planned and scheduled day-to-day activities. With the help of this project, volunteers work to provide better care to disadvantaged children. The country is still struggling to provide better and healthy living to disadvantaged children. These children are vulnerable to a number of issues such as illiteracy, malnutrition and desolate future. Volunteers in childcare project, visit day-care centres and work with children on various issues for healthy living. Through various interactive activities, a learning environment is created to ensure proper growth of children. In this program, care and support activities are planned and performed for children, along with awareness activities related with health and hygiene issues.
Volunteers are required in these project areas, as organizations are not able to work effectively due to underfunding. This limits the resources that are available for betterment of children and hence, not able to provide basis educational and growth related facilities. Volunteer will provide assistance and attention to individual child to generate awareness about health, hygiene and basic education. Volunteer use their experiences, which help in planning and organizing various interactive sessions for creating creative and learning environment for the development of a child.
In these cases, volunteers work as a role model that attracts children to these centres to learn the importance of basic needs of life. The project is located in different regions such as Thailand, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, India and Nepal. Volunteers work according to the progress required for the growth of children. The ultimate and millennium goal of the Indian government is to develop children, and Idex is working in the same line with the help of a number of volunteering programs.
- Work with children who are in need, and experience a life-changing effect due to volunteering
- Teach students and also help in the growth of children
- This activity develops a feeling of satisfaction and simultaneously pride when you see growth and transformation in these kids.
- Experience the life of people in the local community
- Work and meet new friends and learn different culture.
- Help and assist students in mid-day meal
- Help children in understanding and colouring different colours, songs, rhymes
- Teach these children through rhymes and games etc.
- Growth chart of children is maintained
- Time-table should be followed and put forth by the centre
- Teaching psychomotor skill development
- Sensory development teaching