Animal welfare is related with the well-being of animals, and uses various parameters such as longevity, physiology, behaviour, physiology of animal to measure healthy living. Concern for animal care has aroused due to the activities of human beings that affect the welfare and wild species survival.
The attitude of people towards animals across the world is different and this is the reason that projects related with the animal care and rescue is required. Due to the dependency of population on animals in number of ways, specifically farmers and other agricultural projects, animal care and rescue projects are implemented. Such projects are required to address the problems faced by abused animals. These problems are developed due to increase in the number of population of animals, especially cats and dogs on street and the main aim of the project is to educate the population about the needs and ways that can be given to these animals.
There are a number of parameters that can be used to provide better living condition and is included in animal welfare. Some of these parameters include-easy access to fresh-water and healthy diet, comfortable resting area with appropriate shelter. Along with proper facility to diagnosis and treatment easily and in certain circumstances, animal welfare include subjective feelings protection. Animal welfare includes the absence of sufferings, avoidance of exploitation, freedom from harassment and pain to lead a healthy life.
It is essential that animals are given proper care, such that fear, suffering, pain and stress can be minimized effectively. Animals should be treated with dignity and respect, with the effective means of implementation of animal-friendly practices.
We have designed the animal rescue project in such a manner that proper care can be provided to animals that require. Animals that are rescued from captivity or found injured are also provided care with a number of well-managed methods to provide better life. Here, you as volunteer have an opportunity to work with the fragile yet wonderful animals. You will help and assist in providing better life to these animals
- Work with animals, which are in the need and observe a life-changing experience through these activities.
- Work and meet new friends with learning of new culture
- Understand various methods that are provided to ensure better care of animals
- Gain incredible and close experience through working with wild animals and their welfare
- Assist hospital in maintaining the established routine to ensure that the daily tasks are carried out productivity.
- Periodic check-ups throughout the day for the health and well-being of the animals and reporting issues if any
- Ensuring that kitchen purchases and provides relevant food to the respective animals
- Caring of sick animals and feeding them healthy nutritious food, hand-feeding, if required in certain cases, and ensuring drinking water to them
- Grooming of animals as per the grooming schedule provided
- Feeding and cleaning the dogs and cats
- Helping the vets with neutering and other veterinary procedure.